Who We Are:
At Celebrate EDU we believe that every person, regardless of ability or disability, should have the opportunity to create a meaningful life. Every day we work to build these opportunities through the power of entrepreneurship education. Our organization began because of our personal journey and has grown into a nationally recognized nonprofit that provides innovative business education to people with disabilities.
Who You Are:
- You are excited to work 12-15 hours per week (this is a paid position with the option to receive school credit).
- You love organization, label-makers, office supply stores, and making sure everything has its own place.
- You are charismatic and friendly.
- You are comfortable talking with strangers, answering questions, and replying to emails.
- You are a bit of a computer whizz.
- You have experience using Apple products. (Knowledge of Excel, Mailchimp, and QuickBooks Online is a bonus!)
- You love to learn and ask questions.
- You are good at making decisions on your own.
- You are creative and love to make the workplace fun.
- You proofread your work for clarity and accuracy (and even send it to other people to read on occasion).
A Day in The Life:
We don't really have a "typical day" at Celebrate EDU. Things are always evolving and changing around here, #startuplife. Here’s a little sample of what you could expect…
- Look through new emails, scan a few papers, make sure our office looks legit
- Keep the office running at full steam and problem solve when something isn’t working right
- Print workbooks and materials for upcoming classes
- Compile information to be sent to schools, disability organizations, and other partners
- Update records and help monitor our student database
- Categorize and match weekly expenses with corresponding receipts
- Keep the team “in the know” via slack, email, and personal communication
- Take the occasional phone call when someone calls our main number and wants a real human
- Order supplies for upcoming workshops and events
- Make sure the office is fully stocked with coffee and snacks
- Ensure the company’s information is up to date on multiple websites and with all the organizations that our company is connected to
Your Success Will Be Measured By:
- The efficiency and organization of the Celebrate EDU office
- How well you complete projects and provide support to team members based on check-in’s with your supervisor
- Ability to solve problems independently
- The positive impact you make on the team by taking on responsibility, improving processes, asking questions, and learning from others.
What We’re Offering:
Celebrate EDU is a small but mighty team. We are people who are passionate go-getters with a knack for getting stuff done. If you are looking to join the Celebrate EDU team, you should be willing to get involved and have fun while you are working hard.
This is a 12-15 hours per week paid position with the option to receive school credit. Other benefits include:
- Ongoing learning and professional development
- Results-based culture with flexible work schedule
- Monthly office celebrations
- Opportunities for growth in areas you’re interested in (including but not limited to finance, curriculum development, event planning, data management, web development, and more)
If this looks like the job for you, fill out our application and send over your resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.